Which visa do I need?

At Aide Australasia we are constantly monitoring the visa categories as they are constantly changing. We will advise the correct visa classification or sub-classification you are allowed to enter the country under. Please note, some visa categories do not allow a person to work, others may provide a limited number of hours you are allowed to work while studying. We will advise you of the best Visa Classification for your circumstances.

If you would like to know more about studying and living in Australia please visit the Department of
Immigration and Border Protection website. http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud

Working in Australia: Tax File Numbers

If you are planning on working in Australia, you will also need to pay taxes on the money you earn.
This information is collected by the government using your unique Tax File Number.
Please note you can only submit this form once you have arrived in Australia.

https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/tax-file- number

The Australian Taxation Office website provides this information

“To apply online, you need a valid passport or relevant travel documents and you must be:

  • Authorised to work in Australia by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
    (DIBP), or have a valid overseas student visa allowing you to work, or
  • Allowed to remain here indefinitely, and
  • In Australia when you lodge your application.

When you apply online, you do not have to physically provide proof of identity documents – we will compare your personal and travel document details with DIBP’s records. When we validate your details, we will give you a receipt number.”

If you don’t have access to the Internet at home, you can use a public library to gain access to the website, or you can visit the ATO office in your closest city.